Who Needs a Development Permit?

Building you own house requires both time and dedication. Sometimes, it’s better to leave the task in the hands of professionals. If you live in the Calgary area, Riverview Custom Homes might be able to help you. For more information, visit RIVERVIEW CUSTOM HOMES.

With that being said, some people like to do things by themselves. While there is nothing wrong with that, it is always important for them to be prepared in advance… especially when it comes to building a house. This is why Riverview Custom Homes would like to direct your attention to something that should never be overlooked by anyone thinking about building their own house: a Development Permit.

So what is this permit, exactly? And who needs it? In simple term, this permit approves the use of a site and the subsequent size and location of any building or structure that might be built on said site. To build a new structure (or even to change an existing one) requires this permit.

According to the City of Calgary’s official website (which we recommend that you visit by clicking here), no development permit is required if someone is thinking about performing interior changes and simple exterior constructions such as adding fences, walls or gates to their property. Furthermore, someone who wants to build his or her house will first have to find out if the site of their choice is located in one of the developing areas.

By relying on Riverview Custom homes, you don’t have to worry about this. If you do decide to leave it in the hands of professionals, it will be our responsibility to acquire a Development Permit for you. All the fine details will be taken care of as well. For more information, click here: https://riverviewcustomhomes.ca/custom-home-builders-calgary-luxury-services/